What's NEW?

The counter timber project is complete! Work was completed in February 2007 on this project. The progress is shown here and completion here.


David's blog posts about the counter timber and related deadwood:

Post 1 Here

Post 2 Here

Post 3 Here



Project Completed Mahdee's counter timber had a bit of rot around the rudder tube. It had a small rotted area around the sternpost After investigation we decided to replace the entire timber. The progress includes replacing part of the stern post and aft worm shoe...more




So about the rot in that "Tailfeather"...Mahdee has what we've learned is a pretty traditional-looking Crocker "tailfeather" rather than the old-style horn timber more on that later!